Posted to alt.home.repair
John W John W is offline

Default Wiring 220 V pool Timer - HElp

I was replacing the timer on my pool pump. I went out and bought a new timer
and am ready to rewire. However, I notice that I have black wire with 4
wires inside coming from the house, but I have white wire with only the
conventional 2 wires and the bare ground going from the switch to the pool
pump. Is this right. They are using the white and black as the 2 (110)wires
coming out of the switch to the pump. Shouldn't I have the same type of 4
wire going from the switch as there is coming to the switch. Any advice
appreciated from electrical people. Thanks

John W