Posted to sci.electronics.repair
murph1012 murph1012 is offline

Default What sets vacuums apart?

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:37:39 GMT, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

"Larry P" wrote in message

I paid $1200 for a Kirby. Its been reliable from day one til now 10
years later.
The art of Vaccumming is how the Unit makes contact with the
Floor/Carpet. No one does that better then the Self-propelled Kirby.

Thanks. I was considering Electrolux, which is in the same price range.

But why does it take that kind of money to make contact with the floor? I'm
trying to understand why the best value is the best value, considering the
wide disparity.

Electrolux was sold and are now made in China = stay away!

I just picked up a Danish made $1,825.00 NILFisk cleanroom 4 gallon, 4
stage filters with HEPA filter (all clean & new) vacuum without
attachments for a sweet price on eBay. Very nice unit, all metal like
the old Electrolux canister units. None of this cheap plastic crap
made in China now a days for me.

http://www.pa.nilfisk-advance.com/pr...m_810_811.html

HEPA filters make the difference, the bigger the better and the more
expensive, and 4 stages of filtration means that the vacuum will keep
sucking at maximum cfm for a longer period.