Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] itchyneebanshee@hotmail.com is offline

Default old ceiling light with two wires

On Apr 7, 11:55 pm, mm wrote:
On 7 Apr 2007 19:52:45 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to fix a ceiling light with a two light bulb socket and a
simple glass plate that screws on below the bulbs. Both bulbs [2x
tried new flourescent corkscrews] will flicker and fizzle when the
switch is turned on,

The others gave good advice, but I still want to add for the sake of
this and other repairs: There could imo be a problem with both bulbs,
especially if they are from the same lot. I would test it with an
incandescant bulb.

Ok, I'll try indandescant bulbs. Both sockets cause flickering, so it
might be the wall switch. Concerning the other person who answered,
I have one of those electric field detectors, but not a test light.
Probably HDepot will have one.

thx!

itchy