Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] phildcrowNOSPAM@yahoo.com is offline

Default wow, can someone help me with costing in Los Angeles? and how to find a framer?

On Apr 7, 10:55?pm, "Jason" wrote:
Hey all

I am remodelling my house

I have been doing some of the work but im in way over my head...... so I
need some outside professional help!

Ahh, the sound of desperation...

is there a site or book I should buy where i can get rough costs on how much
I should pay someone (and how much materials are) for example

drywalling
electrical outlets
stucco
ceiling
insulation

etc etc etc....

I'm sure there's an online source, but a copy of the "R.S. Means
Residential Cost Data" should help you out. The learning curve on
getting to use it is pretty steep, but once you get the hang of it,
it's pretty useful. Good luck.

As far as getting someone to call you back, you'll have to trust the
folks local to your area. I wonder why, with all the work out there,
more folks are just not charging a little more and actually doing the
work they say they'll do. It just blows me away. Anyway, good luck
with your remodel.

-Phil Crow