Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Dead ivy on foundation

On 7 Apr 2007 19:03:26 -0700, "
wrote:

On Apr 7, 7:59?pm, Just Joshin wrote:
On 6 Apr 2007 14:08:16 -0700, wrote:

So, I had this major infestation of ivy which
covered big sections of a 4 foot high painted
foundation wall and in some places extended
up to the brick above. My basic strategy has
been to spray the heck out of it with roundup
last fall, then go out once a month in the winter
to cut away the dead ivy that was loose. Now,
there is still a fair amount of dead ivy with a
death grip on the wall.

Whats the best way to procede now? Should
I just continue manicuring it til 4he wall is
almost clear, or just go ahead and try and
clean it off by force and then repaint now?
If so, whats the best approach, a scrubbrush?

Thanks.

-P

I found round up not good enough for ivy. had to go and cut
everything at ground level(weed wacker, and trimmers) and then wait
for it to dry up to be removed by hand.

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com - Hide quoted text -

cut down then put rock salt around base of plant, add a little water,
salt kills everything

Doesn't salting the land kill long term? Meaning you can't even have
grass take seed later?

tom