Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default home made chuck for finishing the bowl base?

On Apr 5, 5:44 am, Prometheus wrote:

/SNIP/

couldn't quite drag it out of the back of my mind. Now that you
mention it, I did buy one of those the one and only time I attempted
to make wine (when I was a teenager, and trying to circumvent the
law... )

Prometheus, there's nothing illegal about making your own wine or
beer, just don't start competing with the government controlled liquor/
alcohol selling.

As the price of a bottle of wine sold to the LCBO (over here in
Ontario) cost them $5.--, that plomb does cost us approx. $15.-- or
better.

I do like a glass of wine with my meal at suppertime, and could not
see me paying that kind of robbery prices for it, so I make my own,
have done so for a number of years, nothing fancy, but a lot better
than the $15.-- stuff they sell, and at 20% of that price.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo