Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default frustrating bandsaw problem

Are the wheels in the same plane?

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
t...
I've had a Grizzly G0555 with riser block for a few years now. All in all
I've had no problem with it. Being a weekend woodworker it doesn't get too
much use. I'm having an awful time getting a 3/16 blade to stay on the

crown
of the tires. I use blades on up to 3/4 and have no problems but I can't
seem to get it to stay.

I'm figuring it's my technique of install and tension but no matter what I
try it fails. The wheels are coplanar and the tires are relatively new and
have no pits nor sawdust clogs.

What happens is I get it installed on the crown upper & lower and then

begin
to tension. As I tension, the blade begins to move forward or back and I
adjust the tilt accordingly. However, in the moving forward or back the
blade gets off the crown of the lower tire. It takes quite a bit of
manipulating to finally get the tension just right at the point the blade

is
crowned. After that, usually no problem, I can slice 1/4 slabs without
drift, etc. I just think that changing a blade should be a 5 minute job

not
an hour.

Anyone have a solution short of selling the bandsaw

Thanx!

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't