Posted to alt.home.repair
boatdrinks boatdrinks is offline

Default Home Standby Generator Advice

I have read a number of the previous posts, but I still have some
questions.

Based on my understanding of my likely power needs, I will likely need
a 12-16kW generator. I live in South Florida, so I will need to run at
least one central AC and because there are no natural gas lines all
appliances including cooktop and water heater are electric.I plan on
installing a 500 gallon underground LP tank to run whatever I get.

1) Which one should I get?
There are three standby generators that I am looking at:

Kohler 12kW
Generac Quiet Source 16kW
Briggs and Straton 15kW

Could I get some feedback on which one folks would recommend.
Reliability is most important, obviously. Second is noise and finally
efficiency.

2) During the post-Hurricane period, I have heard that LP companies
use vehicles that run on LP gas, so deliveries should not be a
problem. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your advice.