Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default rivet?

AE Todd wrote:

I am looking for something like a rivet, but instead of joining two
thin pieces of something, I want to join a square post that is an inch
thick to a U-shaped chanel, so that the post will able to revolve. A
rivet would do, but it won't span the 1.5" that makes up the thickness
of this area. BTW, the thing is made of aluminum. Any ideas?

Presuming you don't want to use a bolt and nut or a cotter pin for
security reasons and you want to keep it "all aluminum", then....

You could buy a length of appropriate diameter aluminum rod at HD, saw
off a piece the correct length and make your own rivet heads at both
ends just by tapping with a ball peen hammer.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)