Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default What sets vacuums apart?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:21:27 -0400, Larry P wrote:

I paid $1200 for a Kirby. Its been reliable from day one til now 10 years
later.
The art of Vaccumming is how the Unit makes contact with the Floor/Carpet.
No one does that better then the Self-propelled Kirby.

I bought a Hoover Elite upright around 14 years ago for $79.00 and I've
changed the belt twice for a couple bucks each. It vacuums just as well as
the Kirby my mom got suckered into buying. She doesn't even use it these
days, she went out and bought a Hoover Elite 4 years ago.

I've got a Kirby out in the garage someplace. It's not that good, IMHO.

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

What makes a $1200 vacuum different from a $300 vacuum? Why would any
vac cost more than an air conditioner?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last
word.