Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Septic

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 3, 3:57 pm, "David Martel" wrote:
jeay,

You need to read up on septic systems so you have a general
understanding
of how they work. Maybe your ag exten guy has a leaflet. Your public
library
will have books on this. Putting large quantities of grease into a septic
system is a no no. Are you sure that the septic system is sized
appropriately for the number of residents? The comment about hair makes
me
think you are showering an entire college dorm into a single family
septic
system. Needing 3 pump outs in a year is very odd.
$650 seems a bit much for 2 pump outs to me, what do your neighbors
pay?

Dave M.

Mine cost $350 last fall. It was running $150 approx in the past but
EPA stuck their finger in. They can no longer spread the goodies on
farm fields (wheat out here). The company had to install its own
treatment plant (or so the guy told me).

Harry K

When I talked to guy who was pumping out my septic tank - right before I
bought the house, he told me that all his waste goes to the city waste
treatment facilities