Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default What sets vacuums apart?

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Larry P" wrote in message

I paid $1200 for a Kirby. Its been reliable from day one til now 10
years later.
The art of Vaccumming is how the Unit makes contact with the
Floor/Carpet. No one does that better then the Self-propelled Kirby.

Thanks. I was considering Electrolux, which is in the same price range.

But why does it take that kind of money to make contact with the floor? I'm
trying to understand why the best value is the best value, considering the
wide disparity.

I'm quite happy with my Hoover commercial vacuum that I bought for $10
at a bankruptcy sale.