Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Wood type in the hub of a Wood Spoked Wagon Wheel

On Apr 7, 10:16�am, (J T) wrote:
Thu, Apr 5, 2007, 11:59am (EDT-3) (Bob*AZ) doth
sayeth:
* * *Is it supposed to be unusual for a *blacksmiths to use coal? *I
would consder using charcoal more traditonal than using coal. *

JOAT
In the rough is just enough.

Who knows what they used a hundred or more years ago? Coal is unique
for where I live. I have lived her 60+ years and have never heard or
seen of coad. Oil for heat but even that is scarce. Electric or gas or
many times nothing. Winters are mild. And some do use wood.
Bob AZ