Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT I finally nailed cat under the floorboards today

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:23:46 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:18:45 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message

Allegedly a dead cat in a chimney (or maybe under the floor boards)
brings
good luck. Medieval builders were known to sacrifice cats to keep
their
luck good.

Do you have a reliable source for that? I've never heard of it and have
read
a good deal about mediaeval building.

There is a pub is Bury St. Edmund's which is in the city centre. It has
mummified cat on display which was found in a chimney. There was a note
of
explanation saying this is what builders used to do.

Thanks, does the pub give sources?

Nah, it's too small to do food.

Nice one! :-)

Mary