Posted to comp.dcom.cabling,rec.video.cable-tv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Nielsen Ed Nielsen is offline

Default RG-6 QS, top brands?

I started using Times when I started in cable in '85. Have used the other 2
aforementioned brands, but still spec Times for our systems.

That tool, as well as three of the ones listed here
http://www.cencom94.com/gpage.html2.html (CT-FBR, PCT-DRS-CT, &
PCT-DRS-CT-AS), Cable Pro's LCCT-1, and many others fit those fittings.
Only sort of exception in that group of fittings is PPC. They originally
started out with the EX Series, which is about 19mm in length. Then others
started making compression connectors that were 21mm in length, which is
what the majority of them are. A few years ago, AT&T Broadband pushed PPC
into making a 21mm fitting, which they labeled EXXL. PCT also has a
Universal connector (TRS Series) which is a different length.
--

CIAO!

Ed N.

"Bob" wrote in message
t...
Times make great cable but I don’t see any used in CATV or direct to home
satellite installs in my area. If you get the Ripley CAT Universal tool
for the RG-6 compression connectors it will fit all the brands you
mention.
Bob

Ed Nielsen wrote:
Don't forget Times Fiber at the top right there with CommScope and
Belden. As far as compression fittings, Snap-N-Seal definitely is in the
top group, right along with PCT, Digicon, Gilbert, & PPC. The whole
shebang started with PPC.