Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Our small comunity is moving a historic house

wrote:
I thought I would share the story of our small Ohio community. We
raised $68,000 in a very short time to move an historic old house. You
can learn more about the project and see photos of the house he
http://www.captainscotthouse.org

The house probably qualifies for the National Historic Registry. Once placed
on the registry, tell the state to move the road.

Years ago, our city told a granny they were going to cut down five oak trees
at the front of her property to widen the road, but were willing to
negotiate compensation.

"You are not going to cut down the trees," said granny.

"Oh yes we are. If you don't agree to compensation, we'll take you to court.
We've never lost such a case."

"Those trees were hand-planted by King Gustav V of Sweden to commenorate the
Swedish war dead in the Great War. They are listed in the national registry
of historic places. Plus, they're probably on foreign soil inasmuch as this
house used to be the Swedish Consulate in the '20s."

The city moved the road.