Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default 5 Gal Bottle Water Dispenser, water not clear coming out?

Vinegar will do nothing, and you do not want to mix it with bleach.

Vinegar is used to de-lime, and to prevent bacteria from taking hold Pickle
making) not to kill it off. The bacteria in your cooler may be able to
survive vinegar but chlorine does all the buggies in.

--
Roger Shoaf

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
et...
Yeah, at $12/month I would have bought it already. Its mine. The one we
have at home has been in great shape for several years. In sunlight too.
Though its usage is far more then the one I have here at the office.

Looks like I'm off to get the bleach and vinegar...

Thanks,
Scott-
"dkhedmo" wrote in message
link.net...
Do you own the dispenser, or are you renting it from a water delivery
company? If you're renting it, they might either clean it for you or

swap
it out for a new machine. Otherwise, you've got to clean ti yourself, as
others have recommended.

Karen

Scott Townsend wrote:
So I have a GE water dispenser that has Hot, Cold and a 'Fridge'

So lately the watter is coming out either Green or Brown, (I'd have to
ask someone as I cant see the difference between the two colors)

The Water in the 5 gallon bottle is clear and looks clean. If I fill a
few glasses of water it comes clear. The unit is in my office, which
usually has the lights off and has never seen the light of day. So Its
not algee from the sun or anything.

1) What is it?
2) Why is it there?
3) what is the best way to get rid of it?

there is still about 3 gallons of water in the bottle. Any tricks for
getting the bottle off without making a mess?

Thanks,
Scott=-