Posted to comp.dcom.cabling,rec.video.cable-tv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Nielsen Ed Nielsen is offline

Default RG-6 QS, top brands?

Don't forget Times Fiber at the top right there with CommScope and Belden.
As far as compression fittings, Snap-N-Seal definitely is in the top group,
right along with PCT, Digicon, Gilbert, & PPC. The whole shebang started
with PPC.

--

CIAO!

Ed N.

"Bob" wrote in message
news
Belden and Commscope are the top names in CATV/Satellite cables and
compression connectors are now the standard for all satellite installs.
T&B Snap-N Seal is considered the best of the compression connectors. The
two big satellite companies not only spec compression connectors but also
solid copper center conductor RG-6 due to the lower DC resistance for
powering equipment down the cable. If you use say, Belden 7915A cable and
T&B SNS1P6U connectors, nobody can ever say you skimped.
Bob

szilagyic wrote:
Hello,

I am just trying to get an updated list of the top brands of RG-6 quad
shield coax cable. I have seen posts from a few years back mentioning
Belden, Carol, and Commscope, but I just wanted to get an updated
list. I have seen Carol and Zenith brands at local stores recently,
are these any good? Mainly going to use this cable for running feeds
from HDTV & analog TV antennas in the walls of a house.

Thank you very much for all feedback,
--
Chris