Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.cooking-chat
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT for some groups, Teflon that works some of the time.

Jerry Avins wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:
Jerry Avins wrote in news:6IadnQgE3Pc6-
:

mm wrote:

I think she never had a Teflon cookie sheet before.
The trouble with Teflon is that it's so hard to clean. Uncoated
metal can be rubbed down with steel wool or other abrasives. The
only thing wrong with her cookie sheet is a coating of some residue.
Wash it thoroughly with one of those knitted-plastic scouring pads.
The longer one waits, the tougher the film gets.

Jerry

I find that automatic dishwasher detergent is good for soaking
crusted stuff in;it really attacks organics.It will not harm
aluminum,but soaking gets off baked on crud.

Many dishwasher detergents contain grit. The chemicals are powerful,
but rubbing Teflon with it would be ill advised unless it was tested
first. I would stir a teaspoonful in a clear glass of water. Once all
that will has dissolved, the presence on any grit ought to be evident.

Jerry

Did I say "rub"? No. I said "soak".

You get a ZERO in reading comprehension.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik