Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laminate Floor 12" Blade Question?

"lucky4fingers" wrote in message
84...
Get the cheapest blade with carbide tips you can find. If you have a lot
of
flooring get 2. It's hell on blades. Plan to toss it when you're done. It
won't cut wood - from experience. I ruined a very nice blade like this
when
I put my floor in.

Why toss it? My DeWalt blade that came with my miter saw was used for a
laminate job. After the job was done, it barely cut a 2" wide pine board. I
sent it to Ridge Carbide and had it sharpened for about $15 and it cuts
better than when it was new. A mid-priced blade will do the job and can be
made to work well again.