Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Tim Tim is offline

Default Standard locksmith practice?

I was browsing messages and found:

From: "Stormin Mormon"
Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing

.com
Subject: anyone have experience using masterkeypro2006 ?
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:26:27 -0500
Two works, in many cases. I did a MK in a factory where someone
had filed and ground the plugs. I ended up making a 4-step, and
even then I could jiggle a couple of the keys to get em to work
in different doors. I hope they never find out.

I had to read it twice. Then I had to check the original and make sure it
wasn't faked or that the quoting hadn't been changed. It isn't and wasn't.
Jesus Christ. I knew locksmiths did this kind of thing. I didn't think any
of them were stupid enough to admit it. Let me guess this idiot is one of
those 'fake' locksmiths ALOA talks about. Funny though how only one or two
people are condeming it now, or when it first appeared, and the rest of the
locksmiths seem to think this is alright. With only 1 or 2 out of a dozen or
more condeming it it must be standard locksmith practice. This is worse than
selling known flawed master key setups that can be attacked by the Matt
Blaze "rights amplification" attack, and known flawed locks that can be
bumped in 10 seconds flat. Now locksmiths are making master key systems that
just require a little jiggling of a regular key to make it a master key.
Anybody got any thing to say?