Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT I finally nailed cat under the floorboards today

Ed Sirett wrote:

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:56:31 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

When I work at houses that have cats I always count or get the customer to
count the cats before the floorboards go down.

Today the customer and myself counted the cats. All 3 were accounted for. I
have just had to do a 2 hour return trip to the customers house tonight as
there were pathetic cries from below the floorboards. I lifted the boards
and found their next door neighbours cat.

The little *******, I wish I could give it a call out charge.

Adam (very ****ed off)

Allegedly a dead cat in a chimney (or maybe under the floor boards) brings
good luck. Medieval builders were known to sacrifice cats to keep their
luck good.

When we were repairing this house we found a dead cat under the
floorboards. There was also a bowler hat and a pair of shoes, all of the
same era (about 1726).