Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B Stuart B is offline

Default Gas cooker ring doesn't light using the inbuild piezo

On 5 Apr 2007 16:11:20 -0700, "OwlHoot"
wrote:

On Apr 5, 12:31 pm, Hank wrote:

One of the rings on my elderly mother's gas cooker doesn't light,
using the inbuild piezo lighter, except if you blow gently towards the
ring after turning the gas on. Can anyone advise what the problem is
and how to cure it? I guess the cooker is about 25 years old or so.

Same thing happens with my Britannia cooker, bought at vast expense
from Peter Jones a couple of years ago - While cleaning the surface,
I rather overdid the water, and now the piezo lighters have all been
"rearranged".

It's as if there's a German Enigma machine wired up in there, because
all the piezos work fine but pressing the button for one ring fires
the
piezo for another and we have to remember which is which!

Cheers

John R Ramsden

You have a button for each burner ..That's posh ..:-)