Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance house inspections

In article . com,
"professorpaul" wrote:
They were really interested in what breed, if the dog bit, if it was
confined to the property, etc. I have a Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu mix that
weighs out at 18#. As to the firearms, they were concerned if children
were in the house (mine are grown), what ones I had (I basically said
they were legal to have, and more than that, it was really none of
their business), and if they were secured, whatever that might mean to
them. BTW, the dog is used for pet therapy work in nursing homes.

Note, however, that they probably aren't asking what kind of guns you
have just to be nosy. Presumably, they have analyzed claims payments,
and determined that people with one kind of gun cost them more than
people with another kind of gun. If you don't want to tell them what
kind you have, they might play it safe, and assume the kind that costs
them the most, and charge you accordingly.

--
--Tim Smith