Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default how to remove sand from wellpoint water

I pulled up my intake tube a foot and stopped getting sand. YMMV. When your
water table gets low, you may have to lower it again to pickup water. Don't
do what I did and stick the inlet into the gunk at the bottom of the well.
It will very happily suck up rocks and sand and gunk. I ruined the pump -
jammed the impeller, but not before grinding some serious groves in it and
causing the baffle to warp out of shape (it was already warped, this was all
it took to cause it to actually come loose). Easy to fix with a $35 repair
kit, but I didn't have the time so I ended up buying another pump.

"ddvanrooy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All !

I have a wellpoint with pump hooked up to the garden sprinkler system.
The problem is that I live in a sandy area and a lot of fine sand
comes up with the water, clogging up the water jets. I've fitted small
in-line filters, but these block up in only a few short hours, and
besides, the fine sand get through in any case.

The local hardware stores have been unble to provide solutions - could
only suggest "very expensive sandtraps".

I'm looking for an easy solution, preferably DIY. Anyone out there
who'se had the same thing and solved it, I 'd like to hear from you.

Thanx in advance.

DD