Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance house inspections

"Mike Shapp" wrote in message
. ..
After owning a home for 18 years, my homeowner's insurance company
notified that they require a complete inspection of my house in order to
continue my insurance (I've never had a claim). They want to do a full
exterior, interior, and mechanicals inspection. I couldn't get an answer
from them as to what would happen if they didn't like something.

This is something I've never heard of. Anyone else have this experience?

They inspected both my house and cottage. Much of the cottage is pretty
amateurish (I have fixed the worst of it), so I was a little concerned
there. Their only comment was that I had to have my wood stove chimney
cleaned yearly (I told them I didn't.) I replied that I had two fires a
year, and it didn't need to be cleaned. That was the last I heard of it.

If you refuse to let them inspect they will certainly cancel your policy.
Good luck getting a new one without an inspection.