Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance house inspections

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:44:22 -0400, "Mike Shapp"
wrote:

After owning a home for 18 years, my homeowner's insurance company notified
that they require a complete inspection of my house in order to continue my
insurance (I've never had a claim). They want to do a full exterior,
interior, and mechanicals inspection. I couldn't get an answer from them as
to what would happen if they didn't like something.

This is something I've never heard of. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Shapp

Hire an independent inspector to refute the company claims. Maybe from
the next town. I've used this approach with "appraisers"; when selling
a home.

--
Oren