Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laminate Floor 12" Blade Question?

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
Greetings,
I'm putting in a laminate floor (Pergo Type). One plank measures
8.0" in width. I'll be using a portable parting saw which takes a
12" blade.What type blade would be best for cutting the laminate
planks? I've noticed carbide, diamond, and standard tooth saw
blades. Also tooth per inch would be helpful.
thanks,
-tom

Carbide is a must. Any modest priced cross cutting blade will do. After
the job is done, it will have to be sharpened. Laminate is very tough on
blades. Do not waste your money on a steel blade as it will be junk after
just a few cuts.