Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Wood type in the hub of a Wood Spoked Wagon Wheel

Thanks for everybodys' responses. Now if I had a contact in Dallas.

Bob *AZ

I am south of Dallas, what do you need?- Hide quoted text -

This discussion has been about what type of wood is in the hub of a
wood wheel. The consensus of opinion seems to be American Elm. Another
mentioned to contact any tree service in Dallas. Which implys to me
that there are plenty of elm trees coming down in Dallas. I would need
log about 8" in diameter and 24" long. Of course I would pay the
shipping, probably by arranging things through FedEX Ground.

I have not attempted to locate any elm elsewhere. So until this thread
runs its' course I will hold tight for another week or so.
Thanks for the response.
Bob AZ