Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Is this the Lee Valley April Fools Tool/Product?

alexy wrote:
: "LarryLev" wrote:

:Just to be annoying, let me point out that the model -- more correctly
:-- should me the MK.XLII
:
: They beat you to it. From the "more information" page:
: :P.S. We know that 42 would correctly be written "XLII" in Roman numerals,
: :but thought that "XXXXII" just worked better in this case...!

Actually ... both notations are as correct as the other. The substractive
notation (IX instead of VIIII, for example) got accepted very late
in the game. And the non-subtractive got used occasionally even into the
20th century.

-- Andy Barss