Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Spiral fluorescent lighting - not getting anywhere near the 5 to 7 year life - anyone else?

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:46:07 GMT, "TKM" wrote:

I'm not sure what "additional" charges, if any, are included in the
stated price (e.g., stranded debt, transmission & distribution, etc.).
The accompanying footnote tells us that "[p]rices are calculated by
dividing revenue by sales", so that would suggest it does, in fact,
include all of these miscellaneous items and quite possibly the fixed
charges as well.

Cheers,
Paul

I agree, Paul, that the 10.4 cents/kWh for the average consumer rate for
2006 is right and includes all the extra charges. There used to be a
magazine that published energy rates every month and it was easy to keep
track; but I can't find it any more.

Terry McGowan

Hi Terry,

For those living in California, New York or New England, the first
reaction must be "that can't be right! I pay a LOT more than that!"
:-0

I'm guessing the national average is skewed by the fact that those who
pay more are likely to use less and, by the same token, those living
in areas where rates are comparatively low consume more (e.g.,
electric heat is popular in the Pacific North West but far less so in
NY, MA, VT or NH where rates are two to three times higher).

Cheers,
Paul