Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Home Depot as Installers - question

HD installed a gas water heater. Crew was on time and did a good job.
Of course the standard installation fee doubled for this and that but
HD ended up giving me a lifetime warranty on the heater even though
its a 9 year model. The estimate for a fence was sky high and the
cost to install an entry door was too high and I found local people to
do those things and am very happy.

On Apr 2, 4:41 pm, "Kenny" wrote:
I think I might answer my own question here,
and I'm aware this is a DIY newsgroup - but,
what's the general consensus on using HD as
installers ? (for say, roofing, fencing, siding,
things of that nature).

If they're subbing out the work to low bid
local contractors, is HD standing behind the
work those subs do ? (ie. with some kind of
warranty ?)

For that matter what about Lowes, Sears, etc?

Anyone have personal experience with using
them for that kind of work ?