Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bslusse@gmail.com is offline

Default Water in Crawl Space

My house sits on a slope and the back right corner of my house is
about 3 ft lower then front left of my house. When we have heavy
rains, I will get water standing at the foundation in the back right
corner. The water will drain out within a day. I had the county come
out and look at it and they said that as long as the water is not
standing it was not a problem. My question is, could I install a
small drain (2" pvc pipe punch through the block and brick) through
the foundation to speed up the drainage of the water? I have diverted
all the gutters to get the water away from the house.