Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default how to remove sand from wellpoint water

On Apr 4, 9:27 pm, "ddvanrooy" wrote:
Hi All !

I have a wellpoint with pump hooked up to the garden sprinkler system.
The problem is that I live in a sandy area and a lot of fine sand
comes up with the water, clogging up the water jets. I've fitted small
in-line filters, but these block up in only a few short hours, and
besides, the fine sand get through in any case.

The local hardware stores have been unble to provide solutions - could
only suggest "very expensive sandtraps".

I'm looking for an easy solution, preferably DIY. Anyone out there
who'se had the same thing and solved it, I 'd like to hear from you.

Thanx in advance.

DD

Perhaps a different kind of sprinkler would be less prone to clogging
up. I am guessing you have one of installed systems, don't know much
about those, but I know for the end-of-the-hose type sprinklers there
are a lot of different designs and some have bigger holes than
others.