Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Roof leaking around vent pipe

I believe if you look around you will find form fitting flashing units
premade for this purpose. I suspect the rest of your roofing job is suspect
too.

"Bill" wrote in message
news
Hi,

If there are any roofers reading this, I could certain use your expertise.

I had a new rolled roof install and it started to leak through one of the
vent pipes at the first rain. The installer came back and covered the area
around the vent with a black substance (tar probably?). This worked fine
for a year but last night it started leaking again.

I have no problem with recoating this area once a year, but wonder if
someone knows of a more permanent fix. I'm not calling back the installer
and he's lost my buisness for good.

Thanks,

Bill