Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default how to remove sand from wellpoint water

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 02:56:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"ddvanrooy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi All !

I have a wellpoint with pump hooked up to the garden sprinkler system.
The problem is that I live in a sandy area and a lot of fine sand
comes up with the water, clogging up the water jets. I've fitted small
in-line filters, but these block up in only a few short hours, and
besides, the fine sand get through in any case.

The local hardware stores have been unble to provide solutions - could
only suggest "very expensive sandtraps".

Settling tank.