Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Nakashima Tom Nakashima is offline

Default Laminate Floor 12" Blade Question?

"Eddie" wrote in message
. nl...
Don't use an expensive saw blade! my son used my best blade to cut his
laminate floor on my table saw and ruined it! I had to get it sharpened!
use the cheapest carbide blade with roughly 4 teeth per inch for a nice
clean cross cut.
Eddie

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
Greetings,
I'm putting in a laminate floor (Pergo Type). One plank measures
8.0" in width. I'll be using a portable parting saw which takes a
12" blade.What type blade would be best for cutting the laminate
planks? I've noticed carbide, diamond, and standard tooth saw
blades. Also tooth per inch would be helpful.
thanks,
-tom

Thanks for the advice Eddie,
-tom