Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
C & R Murray C & R Murray is offline

Default PVA adhesive over screw heads

When I decorated our master bedroom and before the new carpet went down, I
put in over 100 screws into the boards around the bed area to stop them
squeaking. They had been squeaking for around 10 tears. However, don't let
your wife work out to the aerobics videos in the bedroom!!! My floor boards
have started squeaking again and when I redecorate this year I am going to
have do them all again, plus a new carpet that has had the life stamped out
of it. Rosemary Connelly has a lot to answer for!

"JWBH" wrote in message
Novice has just painted the small bedroom and is having a new carpet put
in. Some of the floorboards are a bit springy and noisy. I was going to
nail them down, but was advised by neighbour to screw them instead, since
he says nails can work loose.

Can screws work loose also? Was thinking of smearing some PVA adhesive I
have over the heads. Is this the best thing to do? thanks.