Posted to alt.home.repair
Freebird33@hot_ail.com Freebird33@hot_ail.com is offline

Default Well bladder tank question

I have a well bladder tank. I checked the air and it was low, which
explains why my pump was running too often. Getting the air to the
turn on pressure fixed the pump issue. I installed that tank about a
year ago. It was a used tank, but was said to be good. It worked
fine until recently when the pump started to turn on and off too
often. A month ago, I drained the water from the tank, but did not
check the tank air pressure. That did not solve anything. This time
I filled the air in the tank to 33lbs which is my turn on setting.
Now it works fine.

My question is this. What happens to the air? Why did it drain out?
I was told to push the air fill valve when the tank is filled with
water and if water comes out, the bladder is ruptured. I only got air
to come out so I assume the bladder is ok. However, the air pressure
was around 18 lbs, and a year ago, I had it at 33. Where did the air
go?

Thanks

Freebird33