Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
Klara Klara is offline

Default protecting table legs in the wet

In message , torge conrad maguar
writes
I have a hardwood folding garden table. Where it stands is often a bit wet,
which means the wood at the end of the legs is likely to start rotting.

What would be the best way of fixing something to the end of the legs to
protect them from the wet or the best way to seal them. thanks.

Someone will probably have a better solution, but we had a tin of
waterproofing (I forget which) and we stood each leg in the tin in turn
for a day to make sure the wood was really saturated. This can be
repeated yearly.
--
Klara, Gatwick basin