Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default This week's most extreme markup

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:21 GMT, raden wrote:

Who was it I remember selling mains cables for ~£75 ?

deoxygenated copper or something

Cheap; the one at
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?src=google&lookup=1&region=UK&currency =GBP&pf_id=1549&customer_id=PAA0456042107447SBRLKH IINVGFJKNU
is a tad over £3,000 for a single 2m mains lead. In fact the "tad
over" alone would probably buy about 30-50 IEC mains leads for normal
people.

I notice that you can save £1000 by having a socket put it so you only need
the 1m cord rather than the 2m cord.
I assume the user is just going to get an electrician in and fit a 2.5 mm
spur using £1 worth of T&E rather than the £1000 a meter cable.

I am surprised that this expensive high level kit the users buy has such a
poor design and such cheap components in them that adding a filter to the
mains lead makes any difference at all.
Maybe its to improve the sound from an ASDA midi system?