Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default painting worry

Thanks...unfortunately, I just noticed tiny pinhead sized blistering.
Nothing big, but not good. I also noticed one spot where the paint
itself literally washed off. Funny enough, there were 3 coats of
latex applied within 2 days, and it still washed off. Needless to
say, I'm not a happy camper right now. I hope it will just mean a
touch-up or two and not a strip and repaint job.

Latex is fairly forgiving. Let it go for a while. Then, sand the nasty
areas and recoat them. Feather the last touch-up coat. Essentially,
feathering is using a semi-dry brush (or roller) around the patched area
where you are blending into the old paint. That way, your touch-ups will
mostly be invisible.