Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] wexnz@yahoo.co.nz is offline

Default Calling all plasterers!

On Apr 4, 5:19 pm, "Simon" wrote:
Hi there,

I've just started to skim coat my bathroom. I've completed one whole
wall and it took me quite a while to complete. As I've got another two
walls to complete and very little time to do it in (a 5 year old and a
10 month old keeping me busy!) I was wondering whether I wold be
better off splitting the remaining walls into sections, using 3 mm
strips of wood as a guide? I could skim up to the wood, remove when
the plaster has hardened, then the next night complete another
section, merging the existing layer of platster into the new bi as I
go..... any comments / suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Simon

Hmmm... 1 bucket of plaster as a base coat and half a bucket for the
laying down does about 10 mtr square and sets in around 2-2½ hours
from starting. I suspect you're playing about with it and using too
much water as a lubricant, leave the plaster to dry a bit more before
troweling it, ie: when the water sheen has gone away, you should aim
for 5 visits to the wall in total.