Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default home made chuck for finishing the bowl base?

On 19 Feb 2007 05:36:30 -0800, "JD" wrote:

Here is a homemade version of what Fred has described. I haven't made
this one yet because i can't for the life of me figure out how you
center the bowl into the clamps before turning the dang thing on (I
prefer to understand how something works prior to spending time
building it). Good luck.
http://www.crwoodturner.com/longworth/

Man, how on Earth did I miss this gem the first time through???

That is awfully slick.

I think I'm going to make a set out of stainless steel or aluminum at
work on the laser cutter (probably stainless- aluminum is a PITA to
cut on the thing, and expensive to boot)...

If anyone is interested in aquiring a set of metal plates to make one
of these, contact me off list at prometheus at charter.net, and I'll
see what I can do. I won't be making a lot of them, but I might be
able to help out a few guys if there is some interest.