Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Carbon footprint question

In article ,
David Hansen writes:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:09:57 GMT someone who may be John Stumbles
wrote this:-

I can guess that something made in China has a bigger carbon footprint
than the same thing made in the UK because of transposrt

The manufacturers of the ship full of toys which arrived from China
before Christmas claimed that the carbon emissions of ships are
surprisingly low. Similar claims are made by exporters of New
Zealand lamb.

Although many people are surprised when you point out that shipping
worldwide produces twice the CO2 of all aviation, given how much
fuss is made about aviation.

Fortunately I'm not a believer in man-made CO2 causing global
warming as I've not yet seen any valid scientific evidence,
but I do believe in not wasting energy for other reasons.

--
Andrew Gabriel