Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Carbon footprint question

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Brian G" wrote in message

That's OK Mary, but I'm not really a believer in this 'global warming'
caused by excessive carbon emissions theory and niggled to hell because
of this government taxing us to high heaven as an excuse for it.

I don't think we're being taxed to high heaven because of carbon
emissions, governments have always taxed us but now the wrong things are
being taxed.

As for not believing in it, that's your prerogative but it isn't just
British scientists who do.

Russian scientists are predicting a global cooling cycle, which they expect
to start around 2012. There are also signs of global warming on Mars and we
have the scientist from the Cavendish Laboratory who tells us that only 15%
of the CO2 currently in the atmosphere is sufficient to absorb 100% of the
radiant energy that CO2 can absorb while the real danger is water vapour.
Even Chapter 1 of the IPCC report is nowhere near as conclusive as the media
and government want us to believe. The extent of disagreement among the
experts suggests that none of them really know what is happening or what is
going to happen.

Colin Bignell