Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Conduit cable capacity

"pls" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the cable carrying capacity of 20mm conduit is?.
The conduit is PVC coated galvanised steel with an internal diameter of
17mm. I need to know how many single core conduit cables (1.5mm or 2.5mm)
I can run in parallel (I assume this is based upon max current carrying
capacity of each core).

I find the practical limit to drawing them through is the two sets of three
single core needed for a ring main feed and return to a socket outlet and
that only if you feed them all through together. It might be possible to get
more down a completely straight run, but mine always have an elbow or two.

Colin Bignell