Posted to alt.home.repair
Gillian Gillian is offline

Default Removing particle board Floor

I am planning to install a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen and am looking
for some suggestions on how to remove part of the old floor. The house is
about 30 years old and when we pulled back the linoleum, there is a 3/8 inch
layer of particle board (Buffalo board?) glued on top of 5/8 inch plywood.

I have been told that we need to remove the particle board for if it gets
wet, it will expand and could lift the floor. What is the best method to
remove this particle board? I have tried an ice scrapper but it will take
me about a year doing I this way.

Thanks for your help.

Gillian