Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default .... I was just thinkin' .........

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:00:26 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

The other day, I was in the bathroom, and I noticed that all of the toilet
paper on the roll was in a twisted pile on the floor. Darn that cat! Spent
the better part of my visit rerolling paper, and it's hard to do where I
have the dispenser. Got so twisted up, I had to return half an hour later
to finish what I went in there to do.

Then the other day, I was in there doing some serious reading, and the roll
started to unroll all on its own from the weight of the paper hanging there.
I watched as long as I could stand it, knowing I would have to roll all that
up. And I was starting to hear the first few notes from "Twilight Zone."

What's up with that? Is it a conspiracy by the companies to get this
product to self consume when not used, like cigarettes? Modern cigarettes
burn if you don't smoke them, but old ones would go out if you don't puff
them. The self consuming aspect was engineered into the product. Is this
the same?

Or is this defective? Not enough animal intestine mucous glue in there to
cause it to stick together only slightly enough to keep it from freerolling?
And if it is a defect, could there be others? Like maybe the rat poison or
melamine petroleum distillates they have found in pet foods lately. I mean,
I get pretty intimate with this stuff, and I don't want my business falling
off.

Is this just me? Anyone else have this experience? Is this safe?

Steve

There's those "institutional" rollers that make it really hard to
unroll more than about 2 sheets at a time.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"