Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default .... I was just thinkin' .........

"MG" wrote

You must have one of those Swiss made, $470 Sonoma imported, TPP "Toilet
Paper Processor" mounted on needle bearings. Or the $640 deluxe model
with air bearing.

It is incredible how small a leader it takes to unbalance, and once the
unraveling is started is a self sustaining process. The motive force
increases and the resisting inertial moment decrease.

Mauro

You got one, too, huh? The thing that really makes me mad is that someone
did this on purpose, or some engineer at a toilet paper factory was a
graduate of an Internet diploma mill, and missed it completely, and has a
paycheck higher than mine.

And yeah, yer right. The speed increases the farther down the roll it gets
until the brake kicks in. But that's only on the Swiss model.

Steve